Community Developmental Disabilities Grant Program

The Community DD Grant Program (CDDG) addresses the needs of individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) for the purpose of habilitation. Habilitation is the acquisition or maintenance of skills that enable independence and improved capacity. In general, habilitation reduces the need for long-term care. Services that a person with an IDD may receive from the CDDG vary depending upon that person's age and unique needs.

Services include employment support, respite care, care coordination, day habilitation, case management, and specialized equipment. For those who meet diagnostic and income limits, the Home and Community Based Waiver Program (HCBW) may provide similar services. However, having an IDD does not automatically qualify individuals for the HCBW (learn more below). The CDDG enables cost effective, individualized services to be provided to individuals with disabilities and their families or primary care givers.

Medicaid Waiver Services (HCBW)

1. Contact the nearest STAR (Short-Term Assistance and Referral) Program.
2. Fill out the application packet online.
3. Contact Robyn Landry at (907) 374-3486. Robyn is Adult Learning Programs Service Coordinator overseeing the CDDG Program.
4. Contact the regional DHSS office closest to your community.
5. Once you have been notified that you or your family member is eligible, you will be able to fill out the online registration and review form, Alaskan CDDG Providers.

The Home and Community Based Waiver Services (HCBW) provides in-home care to people who would otherwise need an institutional level of care to live in their homes or communities. These waivers are approved by the federal government and Alaska Medicaid to provide expanded services to people who meet the eligibility criteria for a particular waiver. Several types of waivers are available. Follow the link below to see the waivers available in Alaska.


How to apply for IDD Services

Do you have questions about WIOA, Medicaid & IDD Services, or the CDDG?

ask Robyn



Assisted Services